Thursday, April 19, 2007

Robin Thicke Live!




Robin Thicke - Cocaine


The particulars of Albert's divorce from Ophelia specify:
Albert Hoxton is not allowed within two tube stops of Ophelia; if he breaches this then a special chip (Jack Bauer injected into him) will play sNow pAtrol into his head. This is a fate worse than death.


It happened once and he threw up in Mika's hair. Mika hasn't noticed, or even washed his hair yet.

Thicke's album

So while Ophelia drank tea and watched Doherty we went to Camden to check out The Thickster. Goths live/hang out in Camden :(

Is Robin Thicke a cheesy whitebread hobo with a bunch of slushy R&B stinkers? Or is he a talented musical meastro with songs to make Tupac cry with loving emotion?

lets see

What did he chat about inbetween songs?

Funbongo: Well Thicke carries off cheesy well. He spent the customary 3 weeks speaking out God and all that nonsense about 'believing in yourself' BUT the rest of the time he was pretty funny. He made a joke about murder - hilarious!! NB He didn't really.

Albert:
Yeah, blah blah blah. I gave him a Tom Cruise Mission Impossible poster as he left and told him to sign up to tha Church of Scientology. He called me Ethan, told me I was a Top Gun and gave me a Firm handshake. He then asked me to go for a 'smart' cocktail with him. I said ' not if you were the last samurai on earth'.



How was the venue:

Funbongo: We liked the Jazz Café, its one of the better places in Camden.

Albert:
We were in Camden!? You Sh**, f**K, ch*p windmill of a gun. I can't believe you made me go there. I thought the bad smell was your breath, weren't we in Woking? Oh my, I must put my body through the car wash and then the dry cleaners to sort this out. Balderdash.



Best Bit:

Funbongo: The amazing 'Shooter'. He rapped Lil Wayne's parts, as well as his own, it was spectacular. Although he failed to play 3 of his best songs the set was much better than I expected. There were maybe 9 great songs and 2 clangers. He was generally fantastic, a great musician.

Albert:
Pretty fliiii for a white guy. I liked his band - dem were sum smoooooooooooooooooooooth kats.

Robin Thicke - All Night Long



Worse bit:


Funbongo:
Camden. Oh, and the encore was a waste of two minutes.

Albert:
Camde... Oh Sceince I cant bring myself to say it.

Marks out of Spencer or alternativetly 16.4 please


Funbongo:
12.9

Albert: Lets converse about the Ne-Yo album. we really like it. He is a cross between rubbish and amazing. Jay-Z says on it
'and Ne-Yo's like young Michael, Im Quincy Hov. Here's the flow that broke the Da Vinci Code'
I mean its already a classic for that statement alone.

You need to listen to Shooter about four times and then you will love it like weetabix on a lazy Sunday afternoon.




Robin Thicke - Shooter


NB Robin is currently writing for: Himself (second album), Usher and 50 Cent!? Given that these are potentially the two biggest 'urban' albums of the year, he is quite important/relevant.

No comments: