Monday, January 29, 2007

Klaxon The Lady Boy

The Album Chart Show At Koko



I am so EMO right now it hurts. I missed most of Fall Out Boy's performance :(

I like these guys. They are part of the Jigga Jay-Z approved quartet of Rock bands (Coldplay, U2, Linkin Park and Fall Out Boy). Its no coincidence they are the four biggest rock bands is the USA. I don't believe he loves any of them like a child but he sees the $$$$/crossover appeal. The latest Fall Out Boy promo video features a young fan throwing up Jay-Z's Rocafella sign, he is their boss at Def Jam and they adore him.



The Klaxons



Klaxons? Albert and I misheard, we thought we were going to see The Jacksons. Tears fell as three smelly men came to the stage instead of Tito and the gang.

The Klaxons are too loud, not Fun Bongo. We don't like them and think they are very Hoxton 2005. Sadly for them they weren't worthy of my camera. However their cover version of Justin Timberlake isn't half bad.

The problem with covering or remixing a near perfect song is that you are unlikely to better the original. People should cover and remix dreadful songs. Justin Timberlake should cover the Wacksons and get Timblaland to remix it. That would be Fun Bongo.


Klaxons - My Love


Justin Timberlake - My Love (Stinky Count The Monkey Mix)


Lady Sovereign

She was also perturbed that The Jacksons didn't rock up.



I am fairly indifferent towards her. We were a bit offended when she moaned about there being too many EMO's in the crowd; that hurt. In fact I was flabbergasted by some of her foul language. Silly bitch.




We must give her credit though, she kept us entertained for four songs. A huge 'shout out' to her PR and record company who have created this belief that she is 'big' in America.

Really? How do you define that? I haven't seen her smashing up the Billboard Charts. Sure, she has a presence over there but she is hardly competing with her US contemporaries. Lady may be signed to Def Jam and has worked with Missy Elliot but does this mean she is 'big' stateside? Remember, Missy once worked with Melanie B...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with the term 'Wacksons' they have just ruined 'my love' and my ear drums! As for EMO, ignoring the correct terminology 'Emotional Rock' the term is now aimed more at school kids that have long hair and go to the skate park on a saturday! Next you'll have a blog about how 'cool' stripey purple and grey wooly mittens are...you know the ones that are joined by one lame piece of wool! Bring back Hi-techs and shell-suits is what I say! Tom Jones rules!