Thursday, June 7, 2007

The Chemical Brothers Live!

Hey Boy (Albert Hoxton)! Hey girl (Sheik Shiraz Hoxton)! Superstar DJ (Funbongo)! Here we go!

So off we raced to see the Brothers Chemical. It certainly was eventful.




The Chemical Brothers


Funbongo: We arrived late after Shiraz's camel broke down and we had to hitch a ride on a blind goat.
Albert Hoxton: When we got there everyone was standing outside, something had set the firm alarm off and so they evacuated the building.
Sheik Shiraz Hoxton: Sorry about that, it was my armpits. I don’t believe in deordorant. The only health product I use is Weetabix, its great for beards.




The Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy! Hey Girl - iTunes Plus



Funbongo:
They opened with the Q-Tip blessed Galvanize and the pace didn't relent.
Albert Hoxton: Considering I misread the ticket and thought I was going to see EMO clowns 'My Chemical Romance' it was a hooray parade. Lots of 'hands in the air like you just don't care' type stuff.
Sheik Shiraz Hoxton: As part of my 'fitting in' to Western society I am going to change my name to 'MilkShake Shiraz Hoxton'.
Albert Hoxton: Milkshake brings all the boyz to the yard, la, la, la-la-la.



The Chemical Brothers - Block Rockin' Beats - iTunes Plus

The Chemical Brothers - Galvanize Ft Q-Tip - iTunes Plus


Albert Hoxton:
The graphics were fantastic and the lights were dazzling.
Funbongo: So was your J-LO range bling. Sadly, the late start meant an early finish for us (had to get up early for a body Wham! class). We missed 'Block Rocking Beats' and them ones with Oasis.
MilkShake Shiraz Hoxton: All those sirens, flashing lights and general boom boom crash chop wallop; I thought I was back in the caves with Binny Lado again. Those pesky Yanks.



Rating out of 9

Albert Hoxton:
7.9
Funbongo: 7.9
Milkshake Shiraz Hoxton: 12 - naaaat. I mean 7.9 as well, I-WANT-TO-FIT-IN

UnkleJam - What I'm Fighting For - iTunes Plus


The Chemical Brothers - Do It Again Ft Ali Love - iTunes Plus

Dizzee Rascal - P*ssyole (Old Skool) - iTunes

No comments: