Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Furtado Show

Bravo! The Loose Circus Tour came to town. There were like backing dancers, security men, one overzealous screaming/fainting fan (Albert), an LCD Screen, musicians, lights, costumes changes, cover versions and even an encore.

What more could you want? Well we also got Canada's third favourite export behind Alanis and Morissette - Nelly Furtado. She is also Portuguese but I don't know anything about Portugal or what they export. Christiano Ronaldo perhaps? They have similar hair but she scores more often. Promiscuous

Impressive voice. The only bad thing was that she missed a trick by not performing the song she done did with that Kelly one from Destiny's Child. You know? That one that sounds like a nursery rhyme and goes 'I love and I need you Nelly, I love you, I do Need you'. Apart from that she entertained good and proper.

Do It



Try

Moments later Nelly whipped off the wig to reveal a bald head with a tatoo saying 'Team Britney'



Loose



Nelly, disguised as Monica Gellar, searches the crowd for man dinner.



There is one



What a multi-tasker. Nelly shows off her rare 'Gibson Afro' guitar.



Now she is 'air DJing'.



Bling Bling. Nelly subtlety checks her watch and wonders if she will be home in time for 'The Red Shoe Diaries' on Channel 5.



I'm like a peacock?



Nelly told MTV about meeting her idols Oasis at The Brits:

"I've met Noel Gallagher before, but (after the awards) I ran over to Liam and said, ‘Hi, hi, I’m Nelly, I’m a big fan, and you were great tonight’, and he went, ‘Oh right - I like your song’, and I’m like, ‘Which one? 'All Good Things Come To An End'? And he’s like, ‘Yeh, that one', and I’m like, ‘Chris Martin helped me write it', and then he goes, ‘Oh, then I hate it, it’s rubbish.

No comments: