Monday, May 28, 2007

Pet Shop Boys Live!

We managed to miss the first hour because of an argument over whether or not Vince Vaughn is in Anchorman. He is. Chris Lowe ABE (Albert's British Empire) and (Yes) Sir Neil Tennant were outstanding as always. I asked Albert to write a review but he decided to make a top six of his favourite PSB lyrics instead, enjoy.



Pet Shop Boys - The Night I Fell In Love - iTunes (Ode to Eminem)

Next morning we woke
he couldn't have been a nicer bloke
Over breakfast made jokes
about Dre and his homies and folks
Neither of us asked if or when
we would see each other again
but I thought that was cool
'cause Iwas already late for school
by then
I'd fallen in love


The Pet Shop Boys - How Can You Expect To Be Taken Seriously? - iTunes (about Bros)


You live within the law, and everyone assumes
You must find this a bore, and try something new
You're an intellectual giant, an authority
To preach and teach the whole world about ecology





The Pet Shop Boys - The End Of The World - iTunes


Floods of tears and doors slamming
Stamping feet across the landing
Because of your obligation
To stay home and fight
Sitting down to a composition
Test the limits of your inhibition
If the phone hasn't rung by midnight
It's over tonight

If someone tried, you'd realise
It's just a boy or a girl
It's not the end of the world





The Pet Shop Boys - Left To My Own Devices - iTunes


I was faced with a choice at a difficult age
Would I write a book? or should I take to the stage?
But in the back of my head I heard distant feet
Che guevara and debussy to a disco beat


The Pet Shop Boys - Casanova In Hell - iTunes


For Casanova has the last laugh
Creates the myth and vindication
Of his sexual vocation
Makes the definitive collection
His lives and lovers and above all
His erection
Will live in history




The Pet Shop Boys - London - iTunes

My father fought in Afghanistan
His widow's pension ain't worth a damn
My mother works and goes home to cry
I want to live before I die

No comments: