Sunday, June 3, 2007

Nasty Nas Live!



Nas - Purple

Well, he is quite a nice young man really; a family guy.

Funbongo and Albert refused to pay through the nose to see Escobar. Why do American Rappers charge so much to see them in the UK? Its not very gansta and actually counterproductive. ARE YOU LISTENING TALIB KWELI AND Ms LAURYN HILL?

Nas - Gangsta Tears

Anyway Shilpi Hoxton took one for the team and subsidised Kelis' next haircut. Shilpi is from North London so please forgive the disregard for punctuation and the English language. Lets go...

Nas, Kanye West and KRS One - Classic

What happened?

Shilpi Hoxton: Apparently M.I.M.S was there to support with "This is why I'm hot"... sadly I could not verify this from a distance. The chances are it could have been any hoodie-clad gangsta from the streets of Brixton.

When Escobar kindly turned up to relieve the MIMS situation he appeared with a phat blingin' chain. The value of 'Said' bling could probably pay off the entire 3rd world debt!

Surprises:

Shilpi Hoxton:
Nas revealed to us that fiddy can "f*** himself". Charming but it is a universally shared sentiment across the world.

How did you find Hammersmith?

Shilpi Hoxton:
Delicious. The air was heavily scented with weed. The floor was sticky with alcohol (we assumed it was alcohol) and there woz 'nuff hoodies n dat about wit yati dem.



What was his banter/interaction with the crowd like?

Shilpi Hoxton:
Nas proclaimed that if he ruled the world he would bring every single one of us George Bush's head on a silver platter. How many George W Bushes are there out there?

He Done loads of tunes both old skool and his new: Black Republican,One Mic, Got Yourself A Gun, Nastradamus, Hip Hop is Dead, Made you look.



What were the best things?

Shilpi Hoxton: When he took his top off and showed us his RIPPED physique! Mmmmm Madame Kelis is one lucky lady!

Also good to see Heartless Cru representing in the 'pit.. F*** the VIP boxes baby!

Nas - Undying Love


What annoyed you?

Shilpi Hoxton: Some stupid twat standing in front of me boppin away like he was on e's at some hard house/trance rave! This is hip hop damn it, u gota feel the beeeeaaaatttttt man. The beeeaaaatttt.

Rating out of 14.6:

Shilpi Hoxton: 11.382

Nas - The World Is Yours

I'm the young city bandit, hold myself down singlehanded
For murder raps, I kick my thoughts alone, get remanded
Born alone, die alone, no crew to keep my crown or throne
I'm deep by sound alone, caved inside in a thousand miles from home
I need a new nigga, for this black cloud to follow
Cause while it's over me it's too dark to see tomorrow
Trying to maintain, I flip, fill the clip to the tip
Picturin my peeps, now the income make my heartbeat skip
And I'm amped up, they locked the champ up, even my brain's in handcuffs
Headed for Indiana stabbin women like the Phantom
The crew is lampin big Willie style
Check the chip toothed smile, plus I profile wild
Stash through the flock wools, burnin dollars to light my stove
Walk the blocks wit a bop, checkin Danes plus the games
people play, bust the problems of the world today

No comments: