Thursday, May 24, 2007

Willy Mason Live! Ft Jessica Simpson and Will Ferrell

Willy Mason




Albert Hoxton:
Who?
Funbongo: Never heard of him either... anyway Ophelia Hoxton went along to take her mind off the divorce from Albert.

What happened?

Ophelia Hoxton: So we got to the gig just as Elvis Perkins the support was starting. The songs he sang were mostly happy which made a nice change from your usual men singer songwriters whining about love. He had a trumpet player, violinist, viola player, and some weird accordion type guitar which was pretty classy. He definitely got the crowd going.

Albert Hoxton:
Like in Blades of Glory?

Chazz: We're gonna dance to one song, and one song only: "Lady Humps" by the Black Eyed Peas. "What you gonna do with all that junk, all that junk inside your trunk? I’m a get you, get you drunk, get you drunk off my lady humps, my humps, my humps, my lovely lady humps."
Jimmy: [disgusted] I'm not skating to anything with references to lady humps. I don't even know what that means.
Chazz: No one knows what it means, but it's provocative...
Jimmy: No, it's not, it's gross...
Chazz: ...It gets the people going!



Ophelia Hoxton: Then Willy turned up and he looked like he hadn’t made any effort. He was dressed in what you would wear to do your Saturday toilet cleaning.

As soon as he started singing that was all forgotten and yours truly was totally spellbound. I could wax lyrical about him for quite some time but I'll stop here.



Surprises:

Ophelia Hoxton:
He saved Oxygen to the end, which I suppose wasn't a surprise but a bit disappointing. The bassist broke a string at one point which meant that he had to entertain the crowd and he didn't really know what to do. That was pretty funny.




How did you find Shepherd's Bush?


I hate Shepherds Bush as a venue. The floor is flat and there were some tall people in front of me, and I'm pretty tall [Taller than Max anyway]. The sound quality was grand and when he was talking to the crowd you could hear what he was saying which is important.




What was his banter/interaction with the crowd like?


Excellent. Some idiots were shouting out requests and he dealt with it really well. He got into a bit of a bind with his guitar strap and the band played some comedy music while he was sorting it out which was also good.

Rating out of 14.6:


13.9

Willy Mason MySpace


Jessica Simpson - These Boots Are Made For Walking Ft Willie Nelson




NO COMMENT

No comments: